Thursday, July 26, 2012

Zions Road Trip

 
A few days ago, Chris and I took a road trip down to Zions National Park. We brought Abby and her friend, Carly. It was so much fun! We met up with Chris' work buddies and we all camped out together at this pretty intense park. There was a pool, game room, grocery store, bathrooms, showers, etc. In the middle of the night, there was a freaky thunder storm. Chris woke up ready to book it to the car. He was so scared and he was freaking the rest of us out by being so antsy and scared. I kept trying to calm him down and tell him to just try to sleep, but he just stood up until the storm got calmer. It was kind of funny.

In the morning, we got up around 5:30 because Chris' work friend wanted to and because we would then beat the heat of the sun. It was nice though hiking during sunrise. We hiked to Angel's Landing. It is a 5.4 mile hike round-trip. It is all up-hill. The official Angel's Landing part is a steep incline with cliffs on either side of you to the top of this huge mountain with a beautiful view. You have to hold onto chain fences so as not to fall off the edge. I was so scared to do it. I kept thinking I should go back and give-up. But Chris and I fought through the fear and made it to the top. There were tons of people taking pictures and looking over the edge. It was the most beautiful view. The first picture is us at the top of Angel's Landing. Going back down the mountain was hard. My thighs were killing me by going downhill for so long.

Afterwards, we went over to the narrows. My legs hurt so bad, that I made everyone turn back after a while. At least we were able to go in the water for a little bit. I was also scared of flash floods since it was kind of drizzling and it rained a lot the night before. But we were okay. Then we celebrated our Pioneer Day by eating out at the historic Pioneer Restaurant. Chris ordered the worst food ever. I doubt this place was historic at all.

Now we are home and my legs are still killing me. We are currently packing up our apartment and gettin' ready to move to another apartment complex in south provo. We leave this Saturday for a month long of awesome vacations. 

Week 1: Cancun with Chris' family. 
Week 2 & 3: Deep Creek Lake with my family.
Week 4: Cruise from Florida to the Bahamas with just each other.

Can't wait for Summer!

No comments :

Post a Comment