Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Richards in NYC

Blurry photo of us Christmas day
 Christmas morning with Savannah and Elyse
 Chris and I got each other new hats for Christmas
 The day after Christmas, my entire family hopped on a greyhound and drove up to New York City! I loved coming here when I was a kid. It is only a few hours away from my house and I was so excited that Chris could come with me this time. He has never been to NYC before, and I know he definitely had a blast.
Thanks for photo bombing Kevin.
 Pulling up to the Big Apple! See the empire state building?
 First stop: Rockefeller Center to see the big Christmas Tree (which is much more grand than the National Christmas Tree in DC)

 Freezing cold! It snowed all day long!
My brothers, Adam and Ryan
 Second stop: Trump Tower
Third stop: Cathedral. Thankfully it was heated.
 Fourth stop: FAO Schwarz

We got to play on the legendary piano!

 Chris really wanted a picture with this, not too sure why.
 Fifth stop: Times Square!
 It was raining.




 We ended the night with pizza with my cousins who actually live in nyc.
 Next day, we started off our morning going to the 9/11 museum.

Freedom Tower

 Second stop: Empire State Building. We went all the way to the top!

 View from the top.
 So cold and windy! Check out Chris' double fur (hat and hood)

 Cave man
 Panorama shot
 Statue of Liberty
 Guinns in the Big Apple!

 Adam
 Afterwards, Ryan, Chris and I ate at Chipotle for lunch and ditched my family. We checked out a cool market place and times square again.

They even played ping pong in the middle of the city
We checked out Toys R Us at Times Square


 
 We went to the very top floor of the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
 Then we met up with my family for Radio City Music Hall's performance of Christmas Spectacular! It was so good! And then we hopped back on our bus and drove back home. It was a wonderful two days jam-packed with fun activities. Chris and I definitely want to go back again with our baby boy soon.

The whole time I was in New York, I kept thinking and singing this tune my siblings and I made up when I was around 4 years old. And it goes like this:

New York City is a wonderful place
New York City is fun, fun, fun
New York City is very rare
New York City! We're almost there!

And that pretty much sums up our nyc trip!

1 comment :

  1. What a fun trip! Reminded me of that bus trip we took a few years ago. That one picture with "Kevin photo bombing" is like most of our Europe pictures, with Chris' face in the background. 'The Guinn Effect,' I think we called it. Also love that he is still a tour guide with the umbrella at the cathedral. You two will make wonderful parents as you show your cute little "Peter Horst Guinn" the world!! We are so excited for you. We love you!

    ReplyDelete